International Shipping to Denmark Find out more about how to ship abroad by boat

International Shipping to Denmark Find out more about how to ship abroad by boat

Formally the Kingdom of Denmark extends this northern European country over 16000 square kilometers with a population of approximately 5.6 million. Copenhagen the capital has a population of about 1.2 million.

Known for its Viking history this Scandinavian country is ruled by a monarchy today. Denmark is often ranked as one of the happiest countries in the world according to the Earth Institute at Columbia University.

Denmark covers more than 400 islands with the largest as Zealand and Funen.

If you ship to Denmark the country is home to dozens of freight. The largest shipping port in Denmark is Copenhagen. Some other shipping ports include the port of Esbjerg Aalborg harbor Faaborg harbor and Odens harbor.

Shipping to Denmark Free shipping and taxes and VAT

If you ship to Denmark there are some documents that you will need to get the customs clearance process.

For freight free shipping to Denmark your items must be used in a regular household. New items require an invoice and are likely to be taxed. If you ship new goods from outside the European Union please note that they will be subject to customs duties and VAT.

You can send used household items and personal goods that are duty free to Denmark as long as you have been outside the European Union for at least 12 months or longer. You should also have owned your personal items and goods for at least 6 months or longer.

The customs clearance process in Denmark is expected to occur on arrival of your shipment. Keep in mind that storage in a layered warehouse is not typically possible.

If you are a foreign diplomat arriving in Denmark your free admission to the country will usually be issued to the Embassy to which you belong.

Are you newly married and interested in bringing your wedding embroidery to Denmark? Make sure your product declaration is signed by you and your spouse. You should also plan to get your marriage certificate available. In order for your items to qualify for duty free delivery your shipping should be used in a normal household and have a maximum value of 1 000 ECU.

If you inherit goods that you want to import into Denmark you will need a signed certificate of inheritance a death certificate for the person from whom you inherit your items and a copy of a will or a declaration issued with the attorneys consent in charge of managing the transferred property .

If you send artwork or antiques to Denmark they are handled differently depending on whether they are for personal household use or for commercial purposes. If you send antiques to Denmark for commercial purposes you must have your invoice for the item together with a certificate stating that your item is at least 100 years or older. While your antique may qualify for duty free shipping you are likely to be expected to pay a 25% VAT.

If you send artwork to an art exhibition in Denmark you can send it with a temporary free entrance to the country. However it is recommended that you contact a local agent before international shipping to help arrange.

Are you interested in delivering wine or spirits to Denmark? You must provide a proof of origin and an invoice. You will also be expected to pay taxes taxes and VAT. There are limits to how many bottles you can import as household items.

Please note that due to high taxes and strict control of import managers it is often not appropriate to include liquor in removals in your freight delivery.

Vehicle shipment to Denmark

If you want to send a car or motorcycle to Denmark make sure you have your registration certificate.

It is also important that you send a vehicle to Denmark. You will likely need to contact a local agent before sending to Denmark for all details of the rules and regulations.

Here are some of the limited items if you send to Denmark:

Tobacco you need an invoice and a certificate of origin. Please note that you are also expected to pay taxes taxes and VAT on tobacco products.

Weapons ammunition and dangerous objects If you are interested in sending a hunting rifle or shotgun to Denmark you will need a special import license from the Ministry of Justice. This is issued by the police in Denmark. You must also get a shooting permit.

Plants unless they come from Scandinavian countries require a certificate to guarantee that they are free of disease. This certificate must accompany facilities issued by the competent authority of the country of departure. You must also obtain a license granted by the National Plant Protection Service.

© Copyright 2020